Landing Pages for WordPress
The success of your online business really depends a lot on just a few key pages on your site. The kinds of "conversion focused" pages, where you very specifically turn new visitors into email subscribers, members or customers.
When to use landing pages?
So when should you use landing pages? Thrive Themes have compiled this non-exhaustive list in their Beginner's Guide to Landing Pages:
- 1When you drive paid traffic
- 2When you organize an event or webinar
- 3When you give away a free ebook/video course/guide/etc.
- 4Before launching a new product or service
- 5To segment different buyer personas
- 6To segment visitors with different engagement levels
If you are writing a blog and have the patience to wait for organic traffic, and if your blog is non-commercial... then creating landing pages may not be obligatory for you.
Perhaps... but probably not!
As you are starting to build your online precense I would suggest putting some effort into creating landing pages and rapidly adding some landing pages to build your online precense and community. You can always create a private journal with just piece of paper and a pen... don't need WordPress for that!